utline: Empowering young people to learn new skills, make new friends and learn to stand on their own two feet. No two weeks are the same, but the impact you make is always great.
Responsible to: Group Scout Leader
Responsible for: N/A
Main Contacts: Young people and their Parents/Carers, Drey team members, Young Leaders, Group Scout Leader, Assistant District Commissioner (Squirrels)
- Complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of the Scout Association’s policies)
- It’s expected that whilst volunteering for this role you will undertake regulated activity and require a disclosure check to be completed.
- Within five months of starting the role, complete applicable Getting Started training modules, which cover Essential Information, Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR
- Renew safeguarding and safety training
- Take part in ongoing learning opportunities
- Support the delivery of a safe, fun, inclusive and age-appropriate programme
- Welcome Squirrels and their families to the Drey
- Run games and activities such as reading stories
- Encourage Squirrels to participate in activities and guide them towards receiving their badges
- Support Squirrels with additional needs